Well, my professional situation together with a very tempting offer for Werner made us start talking about moving back to Munich. There were quite some sleepless nights, considerations, pros and cons, but finally Munich won - we prepared our move back. The count-down started in February when we told our kids. We had thought that Stefan would be highly delighted, but he was hesitant - and the next day he talked to me on our way to school: "I just wanted to make sure that I understand you correctly", he started and I quickly realized that he would give me one of his flowery speeches. "Well, three years ago you uprooted me from a place where I had grown my roots and where I felt safe. Then you took me to Austin where you threw me on barren earth - and there I had to grow my roots again... and I did, as you know. Now you are uprooting me again, how many more times will that happen?"
While I am looking for a suitable apartment here in Munich, this conversation comes to my mind and I try to make sure that we all can feel safe and well-rooted. Looking at our kids I don't think it will be a problem, though. Plus, Stefan has immediately found his roots with his second family and his very best friend Vali!
No comments:
Post a Comment