Let me sum this last year up: after a long stay in Germany I was so happy to find a job - I was to be a long-term substitute for German! Yeah - I had it all figured out: perform well, be in the system, meet people and then - find my own permanent job!
So I started on January 4, 2010 - and after the first day of teaching I was in shock - and I remained in shock for about 8 weeks. The dreadful thing was that I could not even enjoy my days off, because I dreaded the day I had to teach again. HAD TO - I would have never ever believed that I would give anything not to have to go to school. It wasn't so much the behavior of the kids, it was their open display of disinterest in learning a language. I couldn't believe it - was that possible?
To cut a long story short, the job became bearable, but up to the end it was not really fun. The wall of carelessness with too many students made it really hard to get a feeling that you as a teacher had actually taught them something.
However, this experience led to another life-changing decision - to move back to Munich!
No comments:
Post a Comment