Wednesday, July 21, 2010

Finding the right apartment in Munich - the end

So nothing since then - no offers, no phone calls, no emails .... until today, Wednesday, July 21, 5.30 p.m.

"Dear Mr. Lang, I am happy to suggest an apartment to you that will certainly meet your needs! A lovely roof-terrace apartment in a small skyscraper that was built in 2007. Please let me know if you are interested!" I am sure he meant: "Please let me know THAT you are interested."
Well, I am really proud to say that I did not over-react, but sat down and wrote back, telling him (with quite an amount of 'Schadenfreude' on my part) that we had signed a rental contract yesterday for an apartment that was located in the inner city of Munich, in an old building with high ceilings and was quiet and light. "All the best for your future, yours sincerely, Cornelia Lang".

I feel like I deserve a pat on my shoulders. Just like my poor Alzheimer Dad said to me the other day: "I am doing so well, sometimes I pat myself on the right shoulder, sometimes on the left shoulder, and then there are days when I can pat myself on both shoulders because I did extremely well."

3 comments:

  1. Congratulations, herzlichen Glüchwunsch zur Wohnung. Hört sich wunderschön an. Ich hoffe, ich kann nächstes Jahr auf einen Kaffee vorbeikommen. Hören zur Zeit im Auto "Der König hat gelacht" - ein musikalisches Märchen mit vielen Anspielungen auf den Kini, da plagt mich schon sehr das Heimweh. Freue mich für Dich.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gonna miss that guy- but happy for your family to have a piece of the city again.

    ReplyDelete
  3. ...or PEACE IN the city again. : )

    ReplyDelete