Friday, June 12, 2009

Why a blog?

Before coming to Austin I would have never thought of ever using a blog, or joining twitter, not to mention Facebook! All of this was something for teenagers - and how embarrassing would it be if I was in the same Facebook group as my daughter?
However, when I started to look for jobs, I found out that the ways and means of communication have changed drastically. Instead of finding job advertisements in a paper, you have to go online. Instead of handing in resumes personally (although I still do!), one has to fill in numerous questionnaires online - only to find out that some of the pages get deleted - just after you have submitted the whole thing!
So, in order to be up-to-date, I started to get all these accounts - quite some work for me and I am sure my children would just laugh at this statement! Work? Come on - just play and find out! 
And so I did - and here I am - using the new network facilities of the 21st century.

No comments:

Post a Comment