Thursday, June 11, 2009

How to wow oneself!

In Germany, as a teacher, you are in a way protected by the Ministry of Education. This means that they send you to a school and there you go and teach. You might want to change the school, but other than that you are in a safe haven, with paid vacation, some extra money for Christmas and many benefits. The only way to be thrown out of the system, really, is to be(come) a criminal.
Well, as for here - I am out there with all the other applicants, trying to get the job about 200 others want as well. Although all future teachers in Germany had to take difficult exams, I never had to prove to a future principal that I am really outstanding in comparison to others. I did not have to apply personally, I did not have to follow up.
So I am learning so many new things here - the art of applying, the possibilities of showing off, the courage to explore the unknown.

1 comment:

  1. The experience of living in a different culture is always challenging and exciting! America's constitution says "We hold these truths to be self-evident, that all men are created equal, that they are endowed by their Creator with certain unalienable Rights, that among these are Life, Liberty and the pursuit of Happiness." Not many other countries are in the pursuit of happiness...what we find out is that the possibilities are endless, but only if we are very willing to work hard and be consistent in our efforts! Look forward to seeing you find your way in Texas!

    ReplyDelete